Friday, 1 August 2014

Back to School Blast Off, Freebies & a Linky! :)

What a crazy start to the term! I have to say... If I do manage to get through the first four weeks without fainting, I will need to celebrate with a guilt-free tub of Nutella!


Yes, that needed a picture for all you chocolate lovers out there to join in the fun (and calorie adding) fiesta! =P So, anyway this post will be short and sweet. 

As you all know, the back to school sale will be taking off on the 4th through to the 5th of August! So get your carts ready, I know I will. :) The only problem is that it's going to take me a while to choose between the things I've wishlisted, so I'm going to start adding stuff from now hehe..


Here are just some things I've recently added to TPT which you might like to check out. :)

Building social skills - a great pack for teaching social skills throughout the year, suitable for grades 1-5.
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Building-Social-Skills-Pack-Character-Education-K-6-1320958

Comprehension Context Cues task cards - there are about 14 cards with QR codes for the answer keys - I will be using these next week in class. :) You can go ahead and right click to save this image and paste it in a Word/Excel document and get it printed for use! I have laminated them and will get the students to use dry erase markers to write on them. http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Task-Cards-14-Comprehension-Passages-Context-Cues-QR-Code-Checks-1343490
I've added many more recently. Here are the direct Back to School links to both stores, ESL World and The Sea of Knowledge:



Finally, I'd like to give all of you sweet teacher friends a well deserved freebie (there'll be a lot more coming soon) - I feel like I've neglected this little blog hehe.
I have created this little reading comprehension passage for tutoring and I find that it helps ease students into the new year. I used it as a filler, so you could use it in grades1-2 as a morning starter. Enjoy :)

Click on any of the pictures to get the freebie!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxdT5fL19qlOcWE0aThQOG9UWHc/edit?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxdT5fL19qlOcWE0aThQOG9UWHc/edit?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxdT5fL19qlOcWE0aThQOG9UWHc/edit?usp=sharing

Finally, here is a round up of some awesome back to school resources that you might like to check out! They are a mixture of resources for grades between K-3. If you have some teaching resources to contribute, please feel free to add your link - I can't wait to see them! :)


I would love for you to follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, or Facebook. :)


2 comments:

  1. thank you for hosting!


    teachandtellus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete